Sunday, July 24, 2011

Building the List

OK, from time to time this will be a journal of where I am at. Having posted the food banks that readily come to mind (spacing them out somewhat to cover more area), I am now working on the state-by state list. I had the girls assemble an alphabetical list of states, and they are compiling a list of four cities in each state. I know, many states need a lot more, but we're going to have to cast a broad net, and then tighten it as time goes by.

I admit I am an impatient soul, and was a little disheartened by the very low early responses. Yesterday saw a bit of a push, though, and our numbers have been climbing quickly as I have been posting. This is a pretty significant project, and will take a great deal of time to assemble, so the results are encouraging me to stay "on task".

In addition to learning more about the resources, I am learning more about the hobo community, which is still an active and vibrant community in America. This is information I will need to correct on the homepage, but it has been fun and educational to learn more about the hobo community as it was and is. Thanks to Fran at Fran's Hobo Page (http://www.worldpath.net/~minstrel/) for a great deal of valluable information

No comments:

Post a Comment